Check out our selection of recommended articles, blogs and podcasts on all things education.
We hope that you find these useful, and of course, feel free to share more widely across your school.
29th May 2023
- Sparx Awards:Sparx Super Stars Spring 2023
- A blog from Andy Tharby:We are what we do: the case for explicit and consistent school-wide routines
- A blog from Christpher Such:The cost of consistency
- A blog from Peter Foster:Circulate with purpose
- A blog from Amy Coombe:What knowledge is most versatile?
15th May 2023
- Revisiting a blog from Tom Sherrington:Teaching to the top: Attitudes and strategies for delivering real challenge
- 500 words from Christopher Such on reading:The Art and Science of Teaching Primary Reading… in 500 words
- A blog from Joe Kirby:Flawed School Improvement Plans: Black Swans and Grey Rhinos
- A blog from BunsenBlue:Checks for listening: 100% participation
- A blog from Adam Boxer:Just 18 minutes of teaching
9th May 2023
- A blog from Alex Quigley:Is the instructional coaching wave about to crash?
- A podcast from Chris Such:Learn about reading development
- A blog from Harry Fletcher-Wood:Questioning for retrieval: 5 mistakes to avoid
- A report from Ofsted:How multi-academy trusts are involved in school inspections
- A blog from Daisy Christodoulou:You can’t assess your way out of a curriculum problem
24th April 2023
- New launch from Sparx Maths!Sparx Maths Curriculum from April 2023
- A blog from Joe Kirby:Go upstream
- A blog from Alex Quigley:Literacy and inclusion
- A blog from Craig Barton:The myth of copying things down
- A blog from Mr Gordon:The ‘Meet and Greet’: Passive and Active
17th April 2023
- An article from Daisy Christodoulou:What’s the one thing that needs changing about AI governance?
- Becky Allen discusses Ofsted:Ofsted inspections are (still) unreliable be design
- A blog from Amy Coombe discussing literature:Sequencing an english literature unit
- An article from Science of Learning:The effect of classroom on literacy development
- A blog from Tom Sherrington:How do I engage passive learners?
3rd April 2023
- New launch from Sparx Maths!:Sparx Maths Curriculum 2023 from April 2023
- A blog from Joe Kirby:QA must die
- A blog from Adam Boxer:Feedback: hitting home
- Chat GPT - 3 findings from Daisy Christodoulou:Can Chat GPT-3 mark writing? The data is in…
- A blog from the confident teacher:Is it time to KO the Knowledge Organiser?
27th March 2023
- GCSE revision resources from Sparx Maths:Sparx Maths Teaching Resources
- A podcast from Mr Barton Maths:Craig Barton and Adam Boxer discuss lesson observations
- A blog from Joe Kirby:No more meetings
- An article from Dylan Wiliam:Designing great hinge questions
- A blog from ReadLearnTeach:What do students need to know for the English Literature GCSE?
13th March 2023
- CST Discussion paper:Confederation of School Trusts has published proposals for Ofsted
- Teachers Talk Radio:Education innovation: discussing Chat GPT
- Beyond Survival Podcast:How to teach quiet students
- A Chemical Orthodoxy Blog:Observing better: The Hypothesis Model
- The Guardian article:England’s poorer pupils face ‘geographical exclusion’ from top state schools